08. March 2017
ShipVio Wins 2017 Startup World Cup Regional Round in Prague
- The winner of the Prague regional round, the Czech project “Shipvio” by André Dravecký and his team, will go to Silicon Valley on 24th March 2017 to compete for the 1 million USD prize in investment as one of the Top 16 start-ups from all around the world.
- The 2017 Startup World Cup in Prague aimed to interconnect the start-up scene, support its whole ecosystem and help to make it more visible.
- The day-long event including the final pitch of the start-up contest took place on 7th March 2017 in the heart of Prague at the Žofín Palace.
- The best start-up was selected from the Top10 by a jury represented by Chris Abshire (the founder of Startup World Cup), Bill Reichert (Garage Technology Ventures), Vítek Šubert (UP21), Roman Knap (SAP), Jan Kranát (M.C. Consulting), Daniela Lišková (Microsoft), Alfred Coppola (US Mac) and Ken Singer (UC Berkeley). The ninth voice of the jury came from public – the event visitors – who voted using the “Democracy 21” voting system.
- The SWC Prague team thanks partners, jury members and supporters including speakers, mentors and investors for their significant contribution to the realization of the SWC Prague event.
Startup World Cup in figures:
- The event was attended by more than 500 people including more than 150 start-up representatives, 18 representatives of investor groups and 21 inspiring mentors.
- 210 start-ups from 22 countries applied for the regional round in Prague.
- 22 start-up incubators from 10 European countries were involved.
- Not only European start-ups joined the SWC regional round. Participants came from Czechia, Slovakia, Poland, Austria, Georgia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Estonia, Germany, United Kingdom, Greece, Italy, Slovenia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Serbia, Switzerland, Spain, Macedonia, Egypt, India and Brazil.
- Main partners of the event were Microsoft s.r.o., Česká spořitelna, KPMG Czech Republic s.r.o. and the city of Prague.
Prague, 20th February 2017 – “With the Startup World Cup in Prague we want to make the start-up scene truly interconnected and open, ideally in the whole CEE region. We have addressed not only start-uppers and their incubators, but also interesting investors and experienced mentors. There were 210 projects from more than 22 countries who showed interest to join the regional finals in Prague. The winner of this round will gain a unique opportunity to present their work in Silicon Valley, the mecca of innovative business, with a chance to win a 1 million USD investment. On Tuesday 7th March 2017, the Žofín Palace will become a place where you can meet people from the start-up community – excellent jury members, speakers, investors and mentors who are ready to support interesting projects. You can join as a visitor as well,” says Radka Horáková, CMO at UP21. She adds: “We bring you one of this year’s top events for the start-up community and a connection to Silicon Valley with the support of its experts who can enhance the growth of start-ups and their founders. To sum up, the event at the Žofín Palace on 7th March 2017 gives you a unique opportunity to see the first year of the Startup World Cup in Central and Eastern Europe. You can apply for a media pass. The final global pitch for the 1 million USD investment will take place in Silicon Valley as early as on 24th March 2017. The winner of our regional round will fight with the 15 best start-ups from all around the world.”
The event concept reflects the start-up principles, i.e. hard work mixed with light punk attitude that will fill the premises of the luxurious Prague palace. The Garbage bar will be in a place where you would not expect it and with a set-up never seen in the Žofín Palace. The cutting-edge lighting and AV equipment will change the atmosphere with a snap of fingers. You can rise from the underground to the sky within a second. There will be three levels in the way to the top:
Underground – with everything this word suggests: the underground scene only accessible for 21 selected projects. Three closed discussion locations where applicants will present their ideas to investors.
Ground – the place for meeting and making contacts, networking and discussion tables with mentors. The Main Stage with inspiring keynote presentations and the final pitch for the Top 10 start-ups.
Sky – the space for personal meeting of start-uppers and investors.
The program will be enriched with the Himalayan DJ duo and music performance of Vladimír 518 taking place before the announcement of results. The whole event will be hosted by the experienced presenter and beatboxer END.RU.
TOP 10 finalists of the 2017 Startup World Cup regional finals in Prague:
|4.||BLITAB Technology GmbH||Kristyna Tsvetanova|
Startup World Cup
The Startup World Cup is a global start-up conference organized by the Fenox venture capital fund. It came into existence right in Silicon Valley with the aim to support global innovations, interconnect the start-up ecosystem, open the door for talented entrepreneurs and identify 16 top start-up projects in the world. The regional rounds are organized in 16 cities in 13 countries around the world. The winners of regional rounds will compete at the grand finals in Silicon Valley on 24th March 2017 to win the 1 million USD prize in investment. The host countries for the first year’s regional rounds are the Czech Republic, United Kingdom and Luxembourg. For more details, visit www.swcprague.com.
An incubator supporting people with creative sparks and their projects. Everyone around UP21 shares the same values – to help speed up projects and give them the right direction. UP21 focuses on the start-uppers’ personal growth and has a unique training methodology developed in partnership with Silicon Valley experts. This accelerates start-uppers’ journey to their goals and their own freedom. For more details, visit www.up21.com.